Audrey counsels individuals and families on the transition of assets both during life and at death, whether it be the transfer or sale of a family owned business, the administration of a trust or an estate, or creating documents which govern the disposition of assets such as wills, revocable trusts, pre-nuptial agreements and irrevocable trusts. She incorporates into each transition plan strategies and techniques to minimize estate taxes and income taxes.
Audrey also counsels corporate fiduciaries concerning the administration and construction of wills and trusts as well as provides advice concerning strategies to limit their liability in fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities.
She counsels not-for-profit corporations as beneficiaries of bequests and gifts with respect to the management and administration of the assets received.
Audrey began her legal career as deputy chief counsel to the Reagan-Bush ’84 National Campaign Committee. She then served as a deputy associate director of the Presidential Personnel Office in The White House, where she assisted with the evaluation of candidates for presidential appointment to the Departments of Commerce, Treasury and Justice, and evaluation of candidates for appointment to the federal judiciary. Prior to joining Harris Beach, Audrey was a partner of Peartree & Peartree LLP in Rochester, New York.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Intermediate Trusts & Estates Planning,” New York State Bar Association, Fall 2019
- “End-of-Life Decision Making, The Use of Health Care Proxies, Living Wills and MOLST forms,” Monroe County Bar Association, Spring 2019
- “Anatomy of a Trust”, New York Bar Association, Spring 2017
- “Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts and Trustee Liability,” Monroe County Bar Association, Spring 2017
- “What You Need to Know as a Guardian Ad Litem: Accountings”, New York State Bar Association, Spring 2016.
- Estate Administration, New York State Bar Association, Spring 2016.
- “Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust: Drafting Considerations & Trustee Liability,” the Estate Planning Council of Syracuse, Winter 2016.
- “Introduction to Estate Planning: Transfers on Death,” New York State Bar Association, Fall 2015.
- “Drafting Wills & Trusts to Facilitate Administration & Avoid Pitfalls,” the Estate Planning Council of Rochester, Spring 2014.
- “What You Need to Know as a Guardian Ad Litem,” Co-Chair and Moderator, NYSBA, Spring 2012.
- “Dealing with Your Client’s Retirement Assets,” Chair and Moderator, NYSBA, Spring 2012.
- “Probate & the Administration of Estates,” Chair and Moderator, NYSBA, Fall 2012.
- “Introduction to Estate Planning: Gifts to Minors,” NYSBA, Fall 2011.
- “Wills Contests and How to Avoid Them,” Estate Planning Council of Rochester, Winter, 2011.
- “Probate and the Administration of Estates,” NYSBA, Fall 2010.
- “Does Your Client Need a Corporate Fiduciary?” Panel Member, NYSBA, Winter 2010.