David M. Clar leads the Harris Beach Corporate Practice Group. He focuses on corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and asset transactions, business planning, licensing, distribution, software contracting and other general corporate matters. He regularly serves as transactional counsel for buyers and sellers of corporations, limited liability companies and other business entities with an emphasis on technology companies.
He represents established, growing and mature businesses as well as individual entrepreneurs and start-up companies, with a focus on providing advice and guidance to closely-held corporations in all aspects of corporate and business planning matters, including organizational and ongoing operations, change of control transactions, capital planning and financing, ownership issues, distribution, licensing, franchising and general contractual matters. Dave also provides corporate representation and business advice for the clinical laboratory subsidiary of a not-for-profit health organization and the manufacturer and distributor of a medical device in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Material Adverse Effect Clauses: Dodging the Deal- Buyers and Sellers Beware,” Harris Beach Insight, May 2017.
- “Why Corporate Housekeeping and Due Diligence are Serious Business for Businesses,” Harris Beach Podcast, March 2020.
- “Financial Assistance Emerges for New York Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19,” Harris Beach Legal Alert, March 2020.
- “What is a Force Majeure Clause, and Why Can You Expect to Hear Much More About It?,” Harris Beach Podcast, April 2020.
- “Attorneys Discuss Impact of Force Majeure Clauses During COVID-19,” Harris Beach In The News, May 2020.
- “Bouncing Back from COVID-19,” Harris Beach In The News, July 2020.
- “Is Your Corporate Attorney on Your Calendar?,” Harris Beach Insight, January 2021.