Harris Beach has a strong community presence through local offices in New York, but we apply our capabilities across the state. Our clients recognize the value in our ability to draw upon our legal and consulting resources from across the firm, whether their needs require regional, national or international solutions.
Strength in Community
New York City Harris Beach attorneys and staff care deeply about the New York City region, as well as all of the communities in New York where we live and work. The vitality of those communities depends on the engagement of residents, the diversity of citizens and the support of neighborhoods, organizations, and institutions. Harris Beach prioritizes community support both at the firm and individual level.
Community caring requires active engagement. Our most valuable resource at Harris Beach is our people, and we believe our communities benefit when tapping into that resource. Our attorneys and staff serve on committees and on boards of directors for hospitals, museums, shelters and other community institutions, across the tristate region.
Some of those organizations include:
- Elizabeth Seton Children’s, which provides special education, medical care and other programs for children with challenging medical conditions.
- The Municipal Forum of New York, which produces a speaker series and dinner featuring leaders in the public sector while also raising money for internships and scholarship for New York City high school students
- The Jewish National Fund, which provides education and advocacy, community building and other programs in support of the people of Israel
- The NCAA Women’s Committee on Sports, which advises the NCAA on matters involving fairness and equity
- Central Park Conservancy, dedicated to the preservation and celebration of Central Park
- Memorial Sloan Cancer Center, the nation‘s preeminent center for research and treatment devoted exclusively to cancer
- Ronald H. Brown Law School Prep Program, which fosters racial and socioeconomic diversity in the legal profession
- Monday Night Law Program, which provides free counsel to New York City residents of moderate financial means
- Prospect Park Alliance, which supports Prospect Park in Brooklyn
- The Irish Arts Center, a New York-based cultural center dedicated to projecting a dynamic image of Ireland and Irish America
- MCW Global, a New York-based nonprofit focusing on education, improved health and increased economic security and to ready young leaders of tomorrow
- Big Hands Little Paws Inc., an organization founded to address the growing number of homeless, abused and neglected pets in New York City
- Stephen Wise Free Synagogue of Manhattan
- The Ireland Funds, a philanthropic network for investments in Ireland
- Brooklyn Community Board 10, which provides advice to borough leaders on land use and zoning
- HealthCorps, a nonprofit organization that provides school-based and organizational health education and peer mentoring in addition to community outreach to underserved populations.
- Hearts of Gold, which supports homeless mothers and their children by helping them to become confident and self-sufficient as they transition from shelters to permanent homes.
- Fisher House Foundation, which builds comfort homes where military and veteran families can stay free of charge while a loved one is in the hospital.
- Orphaned Star Fish Foundation, dedicated to helping orphans, victims of abuse, survivors of trafficking, indigenous children, at-risk youth, and refugees break their cycles of abuse and poverty through technology-based education, job training and job placement assistance.
- Boys and Girls Club of NYC which provides a safe, stable, supportive environment for youth in some of New York City's most under-served communities.
- Wildlife Conservation Society, headquartered at the Bronx Zoo
Many of the law firm’s attorneys and staff initiate grass-roots campaigns by coaching or serving youth sports teams, such as the American Youth Soccer Organization and others. The office also organizes teams for fundraising walks and rally behind personal causes that may benefit families in need. Harris Beach attorneys also serve their communities by donating their time to take on on pro bono cases, as we strongly believe in the importance of making the justice system accessible to all.